Hogwarts Legacy

Hogwarts Legacy

View Stats:
Are Mods Causing Crashes?
I'm unsure if it is just my luck, but I had a few mods installed and I kept crashing yet after I tried removing them I seem to have stopped. I didn't even have a lot installed, just a few such as a face replacer, one that made longer hair and one that added color to the robe. Is it just me, or is anyone else experiencing this?
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Even people without mods are having crashes, along with those on consoles.
Thanks, I wasn't sure if the mods was what was causing it or not. It seems to be working better, but I guess time will tell. Might start crashing again then. T.T
I removed all my mods, again was only a few simple ones from the Nexus, and I played for hours last night with no problems or crashes. I have a Ryzen and AMD graphics card with the drivers up to date, yet when I try to reintroduce just one mod to test it it goes back to crashing again. Even when I try different ones one at a time I go back to constant crashes. Is anyone else having a problem with this, or am I the only one? I really don't see why or how mods can be causing this, but I would like to know if anyone else is experiencing this and if they were able to fix it. Thanks!
It is becoming torture to play the game, I don't have any mod and even so the game keeps skipping, the longest I could play was 15 minutes, terrible, because it is an excellent game, but since the last update, it's really bad
I thought so at first, but I don't think "using mouse to move your broom up and down" mod would cause lag. If it is, this game is the problem, not the mod.
Without a doubt it is clear that the problem is the game, I hope they can solve it soon because if not, this game will very quickly go down in history.
I am using mods and my game has not crashed yet - almost at 14 hr
Thanks, I tried putting one in at a time to see if it was one of the mods I was using, but each one caused crashes for me. I even tried doing the rollback fix I've seen mentioned but it did the same so I just let it return to the new version. Maybe it's just my luck, or my computer, but I guess I won't be using mods for the time being.
Originally posted by Shadow Heart:
Thanks, I tried putting one in at a time to see if it was one of the mods I was using, but each one caused crashes for me. I even tried doing the rollback fix I've seen mentioned but it did the same so I just let it return to the new version. Maybe it's just my luck, or my computer, but I guess I won't be using mods for the time being.
idk if it will help, but turn off everything in the display setting, all those fancy affects, even motion blur lags the ♥♥♥♥ out of the game, might save your from crashing?
GreyCatz 10 Jul @ 1:51am 
1. If you haven't already tried this, right-click on your desktop and select Display settings, then scroll down and click on Graphics under Related settings.

Click on 'Change default graphics settings' and disable 'Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling'. Restart your PC.

This solves my issues most of the time, but it's not guaranteed to solve yours.

2. I have absolutely jam-packed my HL version with mods of all kinds, and I do get problems from time to time. Keep in mind that some mods need to be updated along with the main game. If modders don't provide updates to their mods, you really can't do anything about that.

Most mods are placed in the ~mods folder but depending on what the mod is meant to do, it may have to be placed in a different location. This can cause issues when the main game is updated. Check the info provided by modders.
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 3 Jul @ 1:07pm