Steam Families stmfmls
STEAM GROUP
Steam Families stmfmls
IN-GAME
Founded
5 March
Language
English
Steam Families is awful for large families.
I am married with 7 kids only the youngest doesn't have a steam account yet (but will soon). So the wife and I can be on the account and only 4 of our 7 children. I see complaints about people from different households, however my situation is all under the same roof. Sharing with only some of my kids is not fair to the others. Then changing access to another kid would be a 1 year wait. No thank you. The current system is not great but at least I can revoke access and enable access to another kid at any time.
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
👍
Ogami 20 Jun @ 9:16am 
You have to realize that your family size is far from the average.
They have to draw the line somewhere and a 6 person family who all share their games is already pretty high.
You say you have 9 people, the next person has 12 people in his household and so on.
The simple fact is just that they cant accommodate everyone with the family share system.
They have to limit it at some point to prevent abuse and to not have the game publishers simply opt out of the system.
Dont forget its 100% voluntary on the publishers part if they add their games to family share.

It sucks in your case but there is just no 100% good solution that pleases everyone.
They could definitely lower the cooldowns to switch family members though, a year is way too long.
Last edited by Ogami; 20 Jun @ 9:17am
Nazrax 5 Jul @ 8:42am 
I came here to post the exact same thing. I have 6 kids, and I frequently have to do the revoke/re-enable dance when a kid who hasn't played a game in a while decides to fire one up.
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 1530 50