Day of Infamy

Day of Infamy

Screaming Steel: 1914-1918
NEIN™ 31 Jul, 2018 @ 6:01pm
More ideas
Here I go again...

Some ideas that could be cool in screaming steel

Gas Gas Gas - it would be cool to have the soldier says something like GAS GAS GAS! when ememy gas is coming, but then you will have to do voices and do work for the germans, would be a cool feature though, right?

Giving ammo - so the voice line to request ammo is in the mod, but the only way to get ammo is by a crate in the trench. Mabye if a class like the officer or the machine gunner could give ammo, like the support unit in the base game.

If i think of more ideas I will just add it to this instead of making 50 discussions

btw the new grenade vest image looks nice
Last edited by NEIN™; 31 Jul, 2018 @ 6:03pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 37 comments
NEIN™ 31 Jul, 2018 @ 6:03pm 
sorry if im annoying you guys
Last edited by NEIN™; 31 Jul, 2018 @ 6:03pm
Nonstopswordsman 1 Aug, 2018 @ 1:15am 
Maori battalion please!!! These guys are ruthless
Andbrew 1 Aug, 2018 @ 1:46am 
I don't think they can change the communication wheel without ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ it up in the vanilla.

You can give ammo to others in DOI by pressing interaction button on them ( F ) if you both use the same weapon, but it seems that it's broken atm.
gabethepuppy1503 1 Aug, 2018 @ 3:14am 
replace the american faction in the game with the french
gabethepuppy1503 1 Aug, 2018 @ 3:28am 
also make it so they cough while in gas instead of screaming "AGH" "♥♥♥♥!"
Andbrew 1 Aug, 2018 @ 3:36am 
Originally posted by jeff:
There's no americans in the game, tho.
BanzaiKitty 1 Aug, 2018 @ 6:07am 
Just more maps really. Also for early war I think I would change weapons for flammenwerfer and shotgun and dont have the planes to reflect the progression of weapons throughout the war.
George_VA  [developer] 1 Aug, 2018 @ 7:31am 
I recorded quite a lot of unique stuff pertaining to the WW1 setting such as like you say beyond identifying the new support call ins and such. I recorded reactions to gas clouds and gas artillery exploding near you, being caught in the cloud and choking, dying from said gas, as well as getting caught in it and surviving when replying to the "Status" command from the leader. There's probably a few other things too but I can't remember off hand =)

Unfortunately at the moment I understand they can't be implemented due to some sort of limitation that needs to be added in or altered by NWI themselves, meaning that anything that is linked to a new source of damage (or something of that nature), won't really work at the moment. The same goes for the many other lines I recorded to increase the variety in the lines and not have them repeat nearly as much as in DoI. For example there are 10 versions of "Affirmative" in the Screaming Steel VO pack, as opposed to the 2 in standard DoI, but I had to pick just 2 from that set to use for now.

It's out of our hands for the time being unfortunately. If this ability to have custom stuff does get added, then we can no doubt set about having voiceovers linked specifically to certain things. At least as far as I'm aware anyhow =D
gabethepuppy1503 1 Aug, 2018 @ 7:36am 
Originally posted by A. Max.:
Originally posted by jeff:
There's no americans in the game, tho.
in the base game there is, so idk why not build upon the base game faction of the americans to be another one like the marines or the french
Andbrew 1 Aug, 2018 @ 7:46am 
Originally posted by Seoras:
I recorded quite a lot of unique stuff pertaining to the WW1 setting such as like you say beyond identifying the new support call ins and such. I recorded reactions to gas clouds and gas artillery exploding near you, being caught in the cloud and choking, dying from said gas, as well as getting caught in it and surviving when replying to the "Status" command from the leader. There's probably a few other things too but I can't remember off hand =)

Unfortunately at the moment I understand they can't be implemented due to some sort of limitation that needs to be added in or altered by NWI themselves, meaning that anything that is linked to a new source of damage (or something of that nature), won't really work at the moment. The same goes for the many other lines I recorded to increase the variety in the lines and not have them repeat nearly as much as in DoI. For example there are 10 versions of "Affirmative" in the Screaming Steel VO pack, as opposed to the 2 in standard DoI, but I had to pick just 2 from that set to use for now.

It's out of our hands for the time being unfortunately. If this ability to have custom stuff does get added, then we can no doubt set about having voiceovers linked specifically to certain things. At least as far as I'm aware anyhow =D
*sign* highly moddable my ass.....
Wolffe Commander 1 Aug, 2018 @ 12:42pm 
I wish there were more players per map, or just adding more bots per team, to full up the map and have more massive pushes in game, just like the WW1 western front. Is there any way to increase the number of bots in practice mode? I know that the max is 48 but I dont know how to do it.
ToxicRabbit420® 1 Aug, 2018 @ 11:52pm 
is there gona be more maps then 4?... im just wondering i really like the mod thanks!!
SAC Headquarters 2 Aug, 2018 @ 12:58am 
It would have been nice if the Germans got some new voicelines too.
Mistergoodguy 2 Aug, 2018 @ 11:11am 
There’s definitely going to be more than 4 maps, it’s just that the game is new and the devs are doing this in their free time. If the community also help by making maps, in due time we will have plenty of maps to choose from.

Originally posted by Smokey_420®:
is there gona be more maps then 4?... im just wondering i really like the mod thanks!!
TheWatchingEye 4 Aug, 2018 @ 6:12pm 
Add a full, underground, trench map.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 37 comments
Per page: 1530 50