Hogwarts Legacy

Hogwarts Legacy

View Stats:
You call 53gb a small update?
You'd think there was actually any new content in the update..
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
potato 6 Jun @ 9:41am 
there is, the ps exclusive quest
That quest is 53GB in size?
Cedric 6 Jun @ 9:49am 
Ever since updating game just constantly crashes.
Last crash I got an error "Pure virtual function being called while application was running (GlsRunning == 1).
This update is a joke. It is so big for what? A broken game?
Originally posted by goblin:
You'd think there was actually any new content in the update..
I thought the same thing and then I checked my game files and the game was only 9GB of space which meant there was a glitch or something with the update that makes you redownload the whole game. mine glitched even more by restarting the download when I only had 1GB left out of the 53GBs so I just uninstalled the full game and am doing a clean redownload.
potato 6 Jun @ 9:51am 
Originally posted by theStormKing:
no, but changing/adding something in a ue game sometimes requires replacing all pak files
[NL]Ben 6 Jun @ 10:31am 
Originally posted by potato:
Originally posted by theStormKing:
no, but changing/adding something in a ue game sometimes requires replacing all pak files

Is there no 'reductive' update method for .pak files? So it on the fly applies code removal and code addition as well as asset removal/addition? Because with 12 or so .pak files for (during the updating) 66 GB of space, there should be a procedure so you don't have to upload/download the whole damn thing.....
Originally posted by Cedric:
Last crash I got an error "Pure virtual function being called while application was running (GlsRunning == 1).
cedric... CEDRIC DIGGORY FROM HP?!
Originally posted by NLBen:
Originally posted by potato:

Is there no 'reductive' update method for .pak files? So it on the fly applies code removal and code addition as well as asset removal/addition? Because with 12 or so .pak files for (during the updating) 66 GB of space, there should be a procedure so you don't have to upload/download the whole damn thing.....
There is if the devs actually follow steampipe guidelines.

Namely

-Ensure asset changes are localized within the pack file as much as possible
-Avoid shuffling asset ordering with a pack file
-limit pack file size

Guess what these devs did? None of the above
Zentun 6 Jun @ 1:10pm 
Gamers are a bunch of drama queens, don't forget the rule: haters gonna hate. :cozybethesda:
Originally posted by Zentun:
Gamers are a bunch of drama queens, don't forget the rule: haters gonna hate. :cozybethesda:
not all of us are like that :)
tbh I didn't have any issues with the new update just tried it for 2h. Did a dungeon and everything. I already had one issue before the update which is that it bugs when I slide down one of those fast slides
Originally posted by Zentun:

Well f*ck me for being annoyed that I can't play on the one evening I have free this week. A 72GB game should not need a 62GB download just to make minor changes.
meh not a problem not addicted so i can skip a day if needed. Man people have become so lazy "back in my day"i am only 29 though downloads took like 12 hours this is nothing compared to that.
Originally posted by Cedric:
found any solutions????
how to fix this Pure virtual function being called while application was running (GlsRunning == 1). Error my game's crashing every time....pls help
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 6 Jun @ 9:31am