Smartphones are getting more expensive but are they really overpriced?

Join the discussion
• 4mo ago
↵J2017 said:

You're right it can't take sh*tty photos like the S24 ultra 🤣

It might take better pictures, but the S24 Ultras' pictures definitely aren't sh¡jtty.

• 4mo ago
↵cactuarknight said:

No phone is worth the asking price of 999 or above.

That's just corporate greed and nothing in the design justifies the pricing. Especially none of the foldables.

I agree. I feel like non-foldables should range from $499-$799 & foldables shouldn't top more than $999 like you said; especially given the fact that not all apps are optimized for foldables.

• 4mo ago
↵pimpin83z said:

Is the the regular price or did you get a deal with trade-in or promotions? Everywhere online is showing that phone for at least $1,000. So if it's the latter you made a moot point.

What trade in? I live in America you think any carrier is going to take my vivo X80 pro as a trade in? I ordered off Aliexpress that's the price. Its where I purchased current Vivo from only downside it takes about 3 weeks for delivery.

• 4mo ago
↵AltronLivez51 said:

That Vivo can't do what a flagship feom Samsung can do. Yes flagship are overpriced. But you can't compare a $1000 phone to a $700 one. So I guess if you buy a Camry for $28K, then I guess a $60K Benz is overpriced???

Apart from the s pen what can it do that pretty much any other phone can't?

• 4mo ago
↵J2017 said:

What trade in? I live in America you think any carrier is going to take my vivo X80 pro as a trade in? I ordered off Aliexpress that's the price. Its where I purchased current Vivo from only downside it takes about 3 weeks for delivery.

And is the X100 a current Vivo?

• 4mo ago
↵pimpin83z said:

And is the X100 a current Vivo?

Yes the Vivo x100 pro is their current flagship supposedly an ultra version is coming soon but from all the reviews I've seen I'm good with the pro especially at that price.

• 4mo ago
↵J2017 said:

Yes the Vivo x100 pro is their current flagship supposedly an ultra version is coming soon but from all the reviews I've seen I'm good with the pro especially at that price.

Yea, man. You can't beat $700 for a phone with an amazing camera.

I feel like ever since the Note 7 recall Samsung started playing it safe in all areas of their phones. The Note 8 was not a worthy successor to the Note 7 IMO. It was just a tall new Note with inconsistent cameras.

Then they came out with the foldables & got super complacent with the Folds 2-5. Hopefully they'll get back to being more innovative & in the top categories.

• 4mo ago
↵pimpin83z said:

"The reality is I'm not using 99% of the phone's capability." "As tech enthusiasts, we are sometimes slaves to the cycle."

I feel like you contradicted yourself, Boss. The only things I don't use on my Galaxies are Dex whatever "features" they throw in there that aren't useful to me, but that's not adding up to 99%.

I could have said it better. Here's the thing, out of 3 cameras I'm only using the main one for most situations. Portrait video, cinematic video, slo mo, Apple log, etc I never really use. 120hz QHD is nice but a FHD 60hz is also fine. I don't play games or edit content on my phone so I could get by with mid-range chipset. These are all nice to have but not NEEDs. Any phone from the last few years will mail the basics which is all most people need.

• 4mo ago
↵pimpin83z said:

Yea, man. You can't beat $700 for a phone with an amazing camera.

I feel like ever since the Note 7 recall Samsung started playing it safe in all areas of their phones. The Note 8 was not a worthy successor to the Note 7 IMO. It was just a tall new Note with inconsistent cameras.

Then they came out with the foldables & got super complacent with the Folds 2-5. Hopefully they'll get back to being more innovative & in the top categories.

I think the fold 6 will be a significant improvement they are starting to feel heat globally from Google and OnePlus in the foldable segment. While it was just China I guess they didn't really care.

• 4mo ago
↵BullaBoss said:

I could have said it better. Here's the thing, out of 3 cameras I'm only using the main one for most situations. Portrait video, cinematic video, slo mo, Apple log, etc I never really use. 120hz QHD is nice but a FHD 60hz is also fine. I don't play games or edit content on my phone so I could get by with mid-range chipset. These are all nice to have but not NEEDs. Any phone from the last few years will mail the basics which is all most people need.

So are you saying you'd be better off with a non-Pro iPhone? I couldn't use any phone that's not a Note/Ultra.

FCC OKs Cingular\'s purchase of AT&T Wireless
  翻译: